Barely adapted from http://thenoshery.com/
* 1 lb. ground beef
* 1 onion, minced
* 3 gloves garlic, minced
* 1 green pepper, minced
* 1/2 chopped cilantro
* 2 tsp adobo
* 2 tsp oregano
* 2 Tbs vinegar
* 1 envelope sazón
* 2 bay leaves
* 8 green stuffed olives, halved
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1/4 cup tomato sauce
* 4 plantains, peeled and sliced into strips
* 3 eggs
* 2 Tbs milk
* 2 cups white shredded cheese
* vegetable oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Butter square pan with 1 Tbs of butter.
2. Combine, beef, onion, pepper, garlic, cilantro, adobo, oregano, vinegar and sazón. Mix well.
3. Heat a large skillet at medium-high heat with 2 Tbs of olive oil, add meat mixture.
4. Cook beef until brown and the juices bubble up. Add bay leaves, olives, raisins and tomato sauce. Mix and let simmer for 10 minutes, set aside.
5. Prepare a cookie sheet or large baking pan with a thin coat of vegetable oil. Place thinly sliced plantains on the oiled sheet in a single layer then brush each plantain with a thin coat of oil on the top side. Sprinkle the plantains with salt and pepper then bake them in the oven for approx. 10 minutes or until they begin to brown. When browned, remove plantains from the oven and turn the oven temperature down to 350 degrees.
6. To assemble pastelon: Take your prepared square pan, start with a layer of plantains, then beef, then a fistful of cheese, repeat. You want to finish with cheese and plantains.
7. Beat 3 eggs with 2 Tbs of milk, pour over the pastelón. Let it sit for a minute allowing the egg to soak in. Top off with just a bit more cheese.
8. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!